- Click Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>>Add account>Other
- fill in your name,full email address(firstname.lastname@example.org),passwrod and Description and then Click Save.
- Now on the next screen Select POP and then under "Incoming Email Server" enter "mail.uk2.net" and then your respective password.
- for the "Outgoing Email Server" we need to use O2 as for some reason they dont accept the uk2 server.
- So enter "smtp.o2.co.uk",then your username(this is the same username used to access login to O2 email@example.com to it(it looks like O2login@o2.co.uk)
- then the password for the O2 site and Click Save
- now send a test email and it should work like a charm...
Friday, 17 June 2011
Having Trouble setting up Uk2.net email on iphone......
I got an enquiry regarding help needed to set up a uk2 email account on iphone4 which was on the O2 network, naturally i assumed its pretty straightforward little did i realise it can turn out to be a mission but when there is a will there is a way and we found a way,it involves couple of steps so here it goes: